Purpose and Criteria
The iders Innovation & Technology Scholarships valued at $2500.00 each will be awarded to two individual University of Manitoba undergraduate students (total: $5000.00) enrolled in Engineering or Computer Science. All scholarship applicants, including friends and relatives of iders staff members, must meet the qualification criteria.
Selection will be made by a committee comprised of iders principals and members from the community outside of iders.
Award decisions will be final – no appeals or reviews will be considered. If a winning candidate fails to meet or maintain the qualification criteria (i.e. lose university acceptance or drop studies), the award will be presented to an alternate candidate selected by the committee.
Important annual dates to note:
|28-Jul-2016||Start date for submission of applications|
|31-Oct-2016||Final deadline for submission of applications|
|15-Nov-2016||Notification of Scholarship winners|
|28-Nov-2016||Award of funds (upon proof of University acceptance)|
Only winning candidates will be contacted. There will be announcements of winning candidates in various community journals, magazines and Heritage organizations.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Deadline for application:
Type of award:
October 31, 2016
Applicants will be evaluated on the following additional criteria (not in order of priority):
- Participation in extra-curricular school and community activities
- Honours or awards received or other community recognition
- Goals and aspirations
- Academic achievement
- Unique personal or family circumstances, such as financial need and references
Applicants will be evaluated only on the information submitted. Applicants must complete the scholarship application and provide the following documentation supporting their eligibility:
- Completed application form, including the personal essay
- Two character references in the form of a letter of recommendation
- An official transcript with cumulative grade point average
- Applicants may also provide additional materials such as resumes, certificates
Applicant must submit the following items:
- completed application form, including the personal essay
- two (2) character references in the form of a letter of recommendation
- copy of your most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average
Send completed application and all accompanying documents together by any of:
- Complete and submit this application online
- Fax to 1-204-444-5900, Attention: iders Innovation & Technology Scholarship Program
- Mail to iders Incorporated, c/o iders Innovation & Technology Scholarship Program, 27047 Oakwood Rd., Oakbank, Manitoba R0E 1J2
- Hand delivery to 27047 Oakwood Rd., Oakbank, Manitoba R0E 1J2
Deadline for the application is October 31, 2016. Applications received after this date or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Recipients will be notified by: November 15, 2016.
Funds will be awarded November 28, 2016 (pending proof of post-secondary school acceptance).
Special Provision: Scholarship funds will be issued directly to the recipient's campus and may not be used to pay back student loans of any kind.
Each Scholarship applicant is only eligible for ONE iders Scholarship
Mandatory fields are marked with a *.